One of the trickiest parts about working from home is finding a good place to set up shop, whether that’s a dedicated room, the end of a kitchen table or a spot under the stairs. Distinguishing work and play areas in your home no matter how small is imperative so as your home remains a personal sanctuary and a space you can relax and unwind in for the evening.
We’ve put together our tips on how to transform your space tailoring the perfect scents to distinguish new areas of relaxation and motivation.
· Start by finding a dedicated workspace. Ideally somewhere that has natural light and a big enough surface area to spread out. Avoid cramming it full of clutter, or trying to do EVERYTHING at your work space. Meals should be taken elsewhere to avoid the inevitable laptop spillage and save an embarrassing call to I.T.
· Place an uplifting diffuser near your new office location as a constant scent surround to help motivate you. Might we suggest a Lime Basil & Mandarin Diffuser for a touch of citrus zing to invigorate.
· Try to place a little greenery around you. Whether it’s a bunch of fresh daffodils, or a rosemary plant you’ll appreciate bringing the outdoors in.
· Once you’re done for the day, try to put away your laptop and all work-related items. As they say, out of sight out of mind. Reach for a spritz of a Room Spray for an instant burst of scent to mark the end of a day in the office.
· Replace your commute with dance time. Put on your favourite song and let loose. Forget your inhabitations and trust us. The endorphins will be flowing and you can start your evening ritual with a smile, and we all need more smiling right now.
· Light a candle in a comforting scent like Blackberry & Bay just as dusk draws in to set the tone for a relaxing evening. The transition to candlelight adds cosy mood lighting to help you feel calm and content.
· Cook yourself a proper evening meal, not only will this be something to look forward to but also an excellent way to let go of the day.
· Remember to be kind to yourself and take some time out for you. Reflect and rejuvenate with a bath and a good book. Mellow English Pear & Freesia Bath Oil makes a good bath time partner to help lull you into a serene state of mind before bed.